|Unix||Assembly language||Mathematics||Web development||I2P|
|GhostBSD||Assembly Programming Tutorial||Statistics||Django for Beginners||MuWire|
|GUI||Artificial intelligence||Artificial neural network||Machine learning||Messenger|
|Tkinter||Artificial intelligence||Artificial neural network||Machine Learning Mastery with Python||Session|
The Invisible Internet Project (I2P) is a computer network layer that allows applications to send messages to each other pseudonymously and securely. Uses include anonymous web surfing, chatting, blogging and file transfers. The software that implements this layer is called an I2P router and a computer running I2P is called an I2P node.
32/64bit Linux, Windows, OS X, BSD and Android is available for I2P. Using ports list link is https://geti2p.net/en/faq#ports and download link is https://geti2p.net/en/download. iMule is P2P software for I2P network. iMule is similar to eDonkey and eMule.
Connect to an eepsite (.i2p address)
- Crab Bucket (600chan): It's an imageboard. It supports I2P. http://qlqzvuxvw5jpjsfyrpnak5hjlb5r5a4tvuqdeceie55qy7tos5qq.b32.i2p/b/
- LotusBBS: It's an imageboard. It supports I2P network. http://bvk6wdizvod3smzxkwlgnkmfy365hl3th2itomv52yeh3ijrbj7a.b32.i2p/misc/
- Anonboard: It's a TinyIB textboard. It supports I2P. http://23reicfqj2yrq6bushimyfo3jnxkcxz77ruqdl474wlvkhulrnmq.b32.i2p/
- nekochan (Board List, Overboard): It's one of frontends of overchan or NNTP clients. It supports I2P network. http://dszr2z2swmeczeao2bqgop6fyh34jw5baeiybsavwtihllwa5qwq.b32.i2p/_ukko/
Installation of I2P
Installation of I2P on Android
How to use I2P
Install I2P from Google Play Store
Use I2P Web Browser (embedded web browser) or IceCatMobile
Connect to an eepsite (.i2p address)
Download apk file from 'Outside I2P'( https://download.i2p2.de/android/current/i2p.apk ) or 'F-Droid'( https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=net.i2p.android.router )
Install apk file to your Android device.
I2P Web Browser
I2P Web Browser
Embedded web browser
An embedded web browser is provided for convenience that will open .i2p addresses. However, it is not recommended for general use.
The following problems with eepsites are probably not fixable except on Android 3.0 (Honeycomb - i.e. tablets) and higher due to API limitations. The workaround is to use Firefox Mobile 4 and the ProxMob plugin (see below).
1. Leaks .i2p DNS requests
2. Can't load cross-site images or CSS
3. No POSTs to forms
For eepsites, there are several other things to note:
1. No way to type in addresses
2. Several issues with images and CSS fetches
3. Non-HTML links (pdf, text, images, torrent, etc.) probably don't work
4. Frame support is flaky
For eepsites and websites, problems include:
1. No cookies
2. History and back issues
How to configure GNU IceCat:
1. Type about:config in the address bar.
2. Change the value of "network.proxy.type" to 1
3. Change the value of "network.proxy.http" to 127.0.0.1
4. Change the value of "network.proxy.http_port" to 4444
5. Change the value of "network.proxy.ssl" to 127.0.0.1
6. Change the value of "network.proxy.ssl_port" to 4444
7. Change the value of "media.peerconnection.ice.proxy_only" to true.
9. You can now browse I2P eepsites!
Installation I2P on Linux
Installation on Linux
You can choose one of two ways.
Adding I2P repository and using apt
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:i2p-maintainers/i2p
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install i2p
Starting I2P by typing the line
Compiling a source code
sudo apt-get install ant
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk
(build.xml file is located at i2p-0.9.15 folder)
And if you use 32 bit Linux
If you use 64 bit Linux
ant installer-freebsd ant installer-osx
This work needs long time.(Maybe 20 minutes)
i2pinstall_0.9.15-0_linux-only.jar file is created.
java -jar i2pinstall_0.9.15-0_linux-only.jar
You can start I2P by the command in the terminal
(in i2p folder)
Setting up a web browser on Linux
You can choose any web browser.
It's tested on Firefox 85.0.1.
≡ -> Preferences -> General -> Network Settings -> Settings... -> Configure Proxy Access to the Internet -> Manual proxy configuration
Manual proxy configuration
HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 4444
HTTPS Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 4444
No proxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1
Finally, go to the address "about:config" and find the property "media.peerConnection.ice.proxy_only". Ensure that this setting is "True". Its default option is "false", so change it into "true".
Setting Firefox for security
≡ -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> History
In "History", click the "Clear History..." button.
≡ -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> History -> Firefox will
In "Firefox will", change "Remember history" into "Never remember history".
Using Konqueror instead of Firefox
For Ubuntu, search konqueror in the Ubuntu Software Center and install that.
Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Web Browsing -> Proxy -> Manually specify the proxy settings
HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 4444
SSL Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 4445
(If you can type only one in the Exceptions, you just type 127.0.0.1)
If you don't use Ubuntu,
Type the below line in the terminal for installing of Konqueror.
sudo apt-get install konqueror
Starting Konqueror by typing below line in the terminal
Using IceCat instead of Firefox
Unzip by a right button of your mouse.
Type commands in the terminal
IceCat's Proxy setting is same to Firefox.
Update method on Linux
Update using apt
If you installed I2P by apt-get, you have to use this method.
first, exit I2P.
Type in the terminal
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --reinstall i2p
Update by compiling a source code
java -jar uninstaller.jar
And recompile new version of I2P source code.
macOS and BSD
Compiling a source code
It is similar to Linux.
Installation by using Java
Download that file and double-click it (if that works) or type java -jar i2pinstall_0.9.12.jar in a terminal to run the installer. On some platforms you may be able to right-click and select "Open with Java".
Command line (headless) install:
Download the graphical installer file above and run java -jar i2pinstall_0.9.12.jar -console from the command line.
Installing and use in Windows
Download i2pinstall_0.9.13_windows.exe and install I2P
Download and install Firefox
Settings -> Advanced -> Network -> Connection -> Settiings -> Manual proxy configuration
Manual proxy configuration
HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 4444
SSL Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 4444
No Proxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1
How to use I2P
After running the installer on windows, simply click on the "Start I2P" button which will bring up the router console( http://localhost:7657/index.jsp ), which has further instructions.
On Unix-like systems, I2P can be started as a service using the "i2prouter" script, located in the directory you selected for I2P. Changing to that directory in a console and issuing "sh i2prouter status" should tell you the router's status. The arguments "start", "stop" and "restart" control the service. The router console( http://localhost:7657/index.jsp ) can be accessed at its usual location. For users on OpenSolaris and other systems for which the wrapper (i2psvc) is not supported, start the router with "sh runplain.sh" instead.
When installing for the first time, please remember to adjust your NAT/firewall if you can, bearing in mind the Internet-facing ports I2P uses, described here( https://geti2p.net/ko/faq#ports ) among other ports. If you have successfully opened your port to inbound TCP, also enable inbound TCP on the configuration page( http://localhost:7657/confignet.jsp ).
Also, please review and adjust the bandwidth settings on the configuration page( http://localhost:7657/config.jsp ), as the default settings of 96 KBps down / 40 KBps up are fairly slow.
If you want to reach eepsites via your browser, have a look on the browser proxy setup( https://geti2p.net/ko/about/browser-config ) page for an easy howto.
I2P is beta software since 2003. Developers emphasize that there are likely to be bugs in the software and that there has been insufficient peer review to date. However, they believe the code is now reasonably stable and well-developed, and more exposure can help development of I2P.
The network itself is strictly message-based (like IP), but there is a library available to allow reliable streaming communication on top of it (similar to TCP, although from version 0.6 there is a new UDP-based SSU transport). All communication is end-to-end encrypted (in total there are four layers of encryption used when sending a message), and even the end points ("destinations") are cryptographic identifiers (essentially a pair of public keys), so that neither sender nor recipient of a message need to reveal their IP address to the other side or to third-party observers.
Although many of the developers had been a part of the Invisible IRC Project (IIP) and Freenet communities, there are significant differences between their designs and concepts. IIP was an anonymous centralized IRC server. Freenet is a censorship-resistant distributed data store. I2P is an anonymous peer-to-peer distributed communication layer designed to run any traditional internet service (e.g. Usenet, E-mail, IRC, file sharing, Web hosting and HTTP, Telnet), as well as more traditional distributed applications (e.g. a distributed data store, a web proxy network using Squid, or DNS).
Many developers of I2P are known only under pseudonyms. While the previous main developer, jrandom, is currently on hiatus, others, such as zzz, killyourtv and Complication have continued to lead development efforts, and are assisted by numerous contributors.
- Susimail : e-mail service. email@example.com for I2P, firstname.lastname@example.org for Internet. http://127.0.0.1:7657/susimail/susimail
- Website : Web server for you http://127.0.0.1:7658/
- Jiskopedia : Wikipedia http://jiskopedia.i2p/ http://crzh6busgh4v2kon66ant2fgscq6scj4apceqii2rstglaztfk2q.b32.i2p/
- Forum : http://forum.i2p/
- Id3nt Microblog : Blog http://id3nt.i2p/
- Jisko : Twitter-like service. For I2P http://jisko.i2p/public For Tor http://bx7zrcsebkma7ids.onion/ You can log in two sites by one ID.
- eepSites : Search engine for Anonymous and secure I2P web sites http://eepsites.i2p/
- i2pFind : Search engine for I2P network http://cgkswg5iezxdvfds2p5lgvhfhvd6sv3r72yioarywnwgmiazbw3q.b32.i2p/
- i2pFind on Tor : http://ndj6p3asftxboa7j.onion/i2pfind/
- Ugha's Wiki : Wiki site http://ugha.i2p/
- Planet : News http://planet.i2p/
- Free Web Hosting : http://open4you.i2p/
- I2P Project Website : I2P home page http://i2p-projekt.i2p/ko/
- Refer I2P links
Torrent tracker sites
- Postman tracker : http://tracker2.postman.i2p/
- DifTracker : http://diftracker.i2p/
- Torrent Finder : http://mpc73okj7wq2xl6clofl64cn6v7vrvhpmi6d524nrsvbeuvjxalq.b32.i2p/
- killyourtv.i2p tracker : http://killyourtv.i2p/opentracker/
- Welterde opentracker : It does not host torrents http://tracker.welterde.i2p/stats?mode=top5
Since I2P is an anonymous network layer, it is designed so other software can use it for anonymous communication. As such there are a variety of tools currently available for I2P or in development.
The I2P router is controlled through the router console which is a web frontend accessed through a web browser.
These softwares can be downloaded from http://echelon.i2p/
- I2PTunnel is an application embedded into I2P that allows arbitrary TCP/IP applications to communicate over I2P by setting up "tunnels" which can be accessed by connecting to pre-determined ports on localhost.
- SAM (Simple Anonymous Messaging) is a protocol which allows a client application written in any programming language to communicate over I2P, by using a socket-based interface to the I2P router.
- BOB (Basic Open Bridge) is a less complex app to router protocol similar to "SAM"
- Orchid outproxy Tor plugin
- Any IRC client made for the Internet Relay Chat can work, once connected to the I2P IRC server (to the localhost).
- iMule (invisible Mule) is a port of eMule for I2P network. iMule is made for anonymous file sharing. In contrast to other eDonkey clients, iMule only uses the Kademlia for proceeding to connect through I2P network, so no servers are needed.
- Nachtblitz : simple file sharing iMule compatible
- I2Prufus old : bittorrent client, SAM, inactive dev
- I2P Rufus : modified by Blub
- Robert : bittorrent client, active, BOB(BOB: Basic Open Bridge API to the I2P router, opening possibilities!, http://bob.i2p/ ). Using maggot: link
- PyBit : bittorrent client, needs PySamLib
- I2P-bt : simple bittorrent for I2P
- Transmission : .deb and source
- bytemonsoon 0.05 I2P : http://echelon.i2p/tracker/
- Vuze(Azureus) BitTorrent client : Download from this link( http://www.vuze.com/ ). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuze http://wiki.vuze.com/w/I2P_HowTo
- Several programs provide BitTorrent functionality for use within the I2P network. Each relies on the user being able to access the I2P network with a web browser to download the .torrent files. Users cannot connect to non-I2P torrents or peers from within I2P, nor can they connect to I2P torrents or peers from outside I2P. I2PSnark, included in the I2P install package, is a port of the BitTorrent client named Snark. Vuze, formerly known as Azureus, is a BitTorrent client that includes a plugin for I2P, allowing anonymous swarming through this network. This plugin is still in an early stage of development, however it is already fairly stable. I2P-BT is a BitTorrent client for I2P that allows anonymous swarming for file sharing. This client is a modified version of the original BitTorrent 3.4.2 program which runs on Windows and most dialects of Unix in a GUI and command-line environment. It was developed by the individual known as 'duck' on I2P in cooperation with 'smeghead'. It is no longer being actively developed; however, there is a small effort to upgrade the I2P-BT client up to par with the BitTorrent 4.0 release. I2PRufus is an I2P port of the Rufus BitTorrent client. Robert (P2P Software) is the most actively maintained I2PRufus fork. And there is "I2P-Transmission".
- I2Phex is a port of the popular Gnutella client Phex to I2P. It is stable and fairly functional. http://echelon.i2p/i2phex/ http://i2pwiki.i2p/index.php?title=I2Phex
- Pebcache : webcache for gnutella, made by blub
- JWebcache : simple webcache for gnutella by complication
- OFS(OurFileSystem) : another peer to peer file/message sharing software
- I2P has a free pseudonymous e-mail service run by an individual called Postman. Susimail is a web-based e-mail client intended primarily for use with Postman's mail servers, and is designed with security and anonymity in mind. Susimail was created to address privacy concerns in using these servers directly using traditional email clients, such as leaking the user's hostname while communicating with the SMTP server. It is currently included in the default I2P distribution, and can be accessed through the I2P router console web interface. Mail.i2p can contact both i2p email users, via email@example.com and public internet email users from a firstname.lastname@example.org address.
- I2P-Bote is an I2P plugin, fully decentralized and distributed e-mail system. It supports different identities and does not expose e-mail headers. Currently (2014), it is still in beta version and can only be accessed via its web application interface, but POP support is planned. All bote-mails are transparently end-to-end encrypted and, optionally, signed by the sender's private key, thus removing the need for PGP or other privacy software. I2P-Bote offers additional anonymity by allowing for the use of mail relays with variable length delays. As it is decentralized, there is no e-mail server that could link different e-mail identities as communicating with each other (profiling): Even the nodes relaying the mails do not know the sender, and apart from sender and receiver, only the end of the high-latency mail route and the storing nodes will know to whom (which I2P node - the user's ip is still hidden by I2P) the mail is destined. The original sender can have gone offline long before the mail becomes available on the other side. No accounts need to be registered, all you have to do in order to use it is install and connect it, and create a new identity. I2P-Bote can be installed as a router plugin (i2p-link)
- VERY OLD I2P Messenger
- I2Pmessenger QT
- SIC : a simple chat client
- I2PTalk : simple .NET messenger
- I2P-Messenger is a simple Qt-based, serverless, end-to-end-encrypted instant messenger for I2P. No servers can log the user's conversations. No ISP can log with whom the user chats, when, or for how long. As it is serverless, it can make use of I2P's end-to-end encryption, preventing any node between two parties from having access to the plain text. I2P-Messenger can be used for fully anonymous instant communication with persons the user doesn't even know, or, alternatively, to communicate securely and untraceably with friends, family members, or colleagues. In addition to messaging, file transfer is also supported.
- Syndie is a content distributing application which support blogs, newsgroups, forums for I2P, which is also usable through the Tor network and the normal unencrypted web.
- Early builds of a I2P Router application for Android can be found at the development forums inside the I2P network.
- Nightweb is an Android application that utilizes I2P and Bittorrent to share blog posts, photos, and other similar content. It can also be run as a desktop application. It is no longer in development.
- Social media starting to die.
Too bad it's a clusterfuck to use and cannot natively visit clearnet sites.
- Anonymous 02/15/19 (Fri) 20:11:05 No.1031475
>i2p is slow
If you've just connected to it, sure. Let it run for some time, and the speed picks up substantially.
false.i2p is a sorta semi-official I2P outproxy (available by default in i2pd), but it just shoves your traffic through Tor, so it goes (You) -> I2P -> Tor -> clearnet.
- Anonymous 02/16/19 (Sat) 02:13:09 No.1031611
theres i2pd if you dont like java
- Eepsites are websites that are hosted anonymously within the I2P network. Eepsite names end in .i2p, such as ugha.i2p or forum.i2p. EepProxy can locate these sites through the cryptographic identifier keys stored in the hosts.txt file found within the I2P program directory. Typically, I2P is required to access these eepsites.
- is a pseudo-top-level domain which is only valid within the I2P overlay network scope. .i2p names are resolved by browsers by submitting requests to EepProxy which will resolve names to an I2P peer key and will handle data transfers over the I2P network while remaining transparent to the browser.
- The EepProxy program handles all communication between the browser and any eepsite. It functions as a proxy server that can be used by any web browser.
- Peers, I2P nodes
- Other machines using I2P that are connected to user's machine within the network. Each machine within the network shares the routing and forwarding of encrypted packets. You may read : node (networking).
- Every ten minutes, a connection is established between the user's machine and another peer. Data to and from the user, along with the data for other peers (routed through the user's machine), pass through these tunnels and are forwarded to their final destination (may include more jumps).
List of Eepsites
Welcome to depressive and funny imageboard http://102chan.i2p/
i am on tor how do i2p?
Use i2pd Browser Portable https://i2pd.website/
tlen everywhere :D
I downloaded i2pd browser portable and this is the error I get, I'm a brainlet how do I fix it >~< https://imgur.com/a/Ky3Pv4C
- Anonymous P2P
- Rendezvous protocol
- Garlic routing
- Secure communication
- I2P links (I2P Links)
- Darknet comparison (Darknet Comparison)
- See announcements https://geti2p.net/en/blog/
- Template:Cite web
- "Status Update 01 2008".
- SAM - I2P.
- BOB - I2P.
- BOB: Basic Open Bridge API to the I2P router. BOB official eepsite
- I2P Bittorrent FAQ. i2p2.de forum.
- The Hunting of the Snark Project - BitTorrent Application Suite. klomp.org.
- Azureus: Plugin Details for I2P Network Plugin. azureus.sourceforge.net.
- I2P Howto (setup tutorial). azureus.sourceforge.net.
- Rufus - BitTorrent Client : Home. rufus.sourceforge.net.
- The Nightweb Project nightweb.net
-  nightweb.net
- official website
- Official website : tutorials (in the area papers)
- Video tutorial : installing I2P on a Debian Linux system (2010) (copy), by the net activists group Telecomix.
- Video tutorial. "Cyber Ninja" : I2P setup on Windows (2013. #PM2020)
- I2P - Community Ubuntu Documentation (2011)
- Linux Today - I2P - Anonymity for the Masses (2011)
- Video Calling System and Browser for I2P network - Video talk: CEE-SECR 2013 (Central and Eastern European Software Engineering Conference in Russia).
- Posts of I2P on Reddit